Breakdown – NC’s mental health system unravels
For the past several years, North Carolina’s mental health system has been unraveling.
Contributing Editor Taylor Sisk has been tracking the changes and the impact of a loss of services on individuals in the system.
1. Lost in a lost system
A young man diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and his experience with our state’s mental health care system.
2. A once-effective system spins out of control
How a relatively effective mental health care system in North Carolina once provided services, and then unraveled.
3. Reform creates a bewildering system
The chaos created by mental health care reform in North Carolina.
4. Is our best enough?
Is the best heath care available in Orange County enough?
5. Difficult decisions in a void
A family’s struggle to find the care their son required.
6. The will to find a better way
What mental health care advocates say must happen to create a better system.
7. Amid the doom and gloom, positive developments in Orange County
A look at emerging solutions
Club Nova awaits direction on its future – April 22, 2010
Mixed news on mental health care – July 8, 2010
State implements new mental health care requirements – January 20, 2011
DHHS overhaul to hit home – June 30, 2011
State in violation of ADA, feds say – August 4, 2011
Budget cuts take further toll on mental health system – September 15, 2011
Trackbacks and Pingbacks
- The Progressive Pulse – Saving the mental health system
- Carrboro Citizen’s Series on Mental Health « Mayor’s Mental Health Task Force Blog